Monday, August 21, 2023

The Endless Single Elimination Tournament after Regional #200:   Having completed 200 regionals means that 1,600 different teams have taken their shot in the tournament over a 40+ year period.  By my calculations I still have a little more than 400 teams in my collection that have not yet played, at least until new seasons are released.  In recognition of this dubious accomplishment, I have collated the "historical documents" of this project up to this point into a single PDF document, which enables any interested reader (a group almost certainly limited to a highly select few) to search for information about the fate of their favorite teams or players.   Since anyone reading this has to be somewhat of a numbers buff, here are some stats: the volume is 785 pages long and contains 400,380 words, which is longer than Charles Dickens longest work, Bleak House (360,947 words), Dostoyevsky’s The Brothers Karamazov (364,153) and all seven volumes of C.S. Lewis’s The Chronicles of Narnia combined (345,535).  I am creeping up on Gone with the Wind (418,053) but am still well behind Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace (561,304), although I just might catch old Leo the Lip before it’s over.  However, I am confident that my words-to-readers ratio is far higher than any of those authors, suggesting that perhaps I need to find other things to do.   At any rate, the 200th Regional edition is available for inspection or download at the link below; hope someone enjoys it!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mAydtxYmauFxpeD2j8P0rCBvYPXMQny9/view?usp=sharing




No comments:

Post a Comment